Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2004/10/22

Boerboel and BOERBOEL

I'm confused, do you get 2 kinds of boerboel's. One type brown with black faces then the larger type of boerboel, huge with the same tan colour - no black face?

Hi Wondering
There is really only one type of Boerboel, but they come in many shapes, sizes and colours. This is because, as far as I know, they have not been registered as a breed yet. If they have and I am mistaken, then it is because so many of them are unregistered anyway. They were bred from a combination of breeds here in South Africa and are a relatively new breed.
Karen Gray-Kilfoil
ANIMAL BEHAVIOURIST

1
Posted by: Acineth | 2004/10/22

As far as I know, the breed hasn't been standardised. I think about a year ago the Boerboel association had a gathering of owners and breeders. So it is possible to have two dogs that look different, but are still classed as boerboels. If you want confirmation contact the association.

Reply to Acineth