Question
Posted by: Khosi | 2008/06/03

body toning

I have lost 23ks in 9 months period, i'm doing cardio and circuit training. I want to tone my body but i don't want to attend body con classes, any ideas?

Well done, that's fantastic! I think in many respects, you need not change too much, because clearly, you're on a winning formula, and the toning aspect that you're now looking for is often the last thing that falls into place. So what you're doing now, the cardio and the circuit, is probably not too bad as far as toning goes, it may just take more time. The circuit work is especially helpful in this regard, and while I can't give specific advice, since I don't know the specifics of what you're doing in those sessions, I'd say that a slight increase in the weight you're using to do the circuit training will already make a difference. So you might try to increase the weight by say 5 to 10% and see what happens. That is often all it takes.

Other than this, just look at the intensity of your training, and the frequency. You should be hitting four or five days a week, and perhaps look at increasing the intensity very slightly. All these changes will eventually add up to added toning, but really, you're on the right track.

2
Posted by: jason | 2008/06/05

keep on doing cardio but do alot more resistantant training,this will tone you up

Reply to jason
Posted by: dana | 2008/06/04

need to lose weight

Reply to dana