Posted by: " cool"  girl | 2008/10/09

Body temp always under 35 is it hormonal

Hi dr

How is your body temp. controled -is it hormonal?
My body temp. is 99% of the time 35.7 -35.9 I am 38 years old
and its been like that since early 20s Every time Im atmitted to hospital I hear the same old story - " Oh but your temp is low -you must have had a nice rest!"  Problem is for me 37.2 deg for me is a low grade fever - but try and explain that to the GP. By then I feel misrable like hell. Why is it like that? It has been measured with different temp. devices at the same time and mostly the same result (also in different spots) The ear and old (poephol type) seems to always be inline.
I have slight lower Thyroid function but not enough to be treated according the Prof. He believe if I sleep for longer periods at a time this will come right by itself (small children with baby with colic and bad sleeping habits). Low bloodpressure.
Have had several carpel tunnel releases and dequervains release. Very irretated skin to temp changes. - Could this all be hormonaly linked? I have asked Drs before but they all seem to ignore the question and focus on some other problem???

Certainly not related to oestrogen or progesterone.