Question
Posted by: Chris | 2003/12/17

Body odours

I have had the habits of eating almost nothing and eat a laxador per day to get rid of that little bit that I did eat. I thought that kept me thin and I believed I was thin.

Then the most embarrising thing happened. I believe that I stink. Especially when I am stressed, I got the most awkward smell and it was like nothing I have smelled before. It was a type of chemical smell, the smell you find in Sasolburg.

My family and friends say they can not smell it and I even went to see the doctor. But I am sure other people smells it. How can I eat healthy to prevent this problem? I have stopped all laxador and eat food like bran, meat, and lots of fruit. How long will it take to change my colons work?

chris

Dear Chris
It is a well known fact that individuals who eat either a starvation or a very-high protein diet produce large quantities of so-called ketones which may cause this chemical odour. However, if you really eating a balanced diet in adequate quantities this smell should have disappeared. You may be highly sensitised to this smell because of the negative connotations it evokes. I can only suggest that you try taking 'good' microorganisms such as intestiforte or Bifidoforte (buy at health shops) to normalise your bowel flora, which are probably very depleted due to your long use of the laxative.
Take care

1
Posted by: Sasolburger | 2003/12/17

Our town do not stink! But I hope you find a cure.

Reply to Sasolburger