Question
Posted by: Magic Man | 2004/11/05

Body language + show if she likes you

I would just like to know what the tell tale signs (body language) features are when deciphering someones intentions.

MM, it's FAR too complex to be possible to summarize here. As psme says, look around for books on the subject which can include photo-illustrations ( on the web, here, I can pull faces and wave my hands all I like, without conveying anything to you. Actually, web comunication is odd in being fairly rapid but without nonverbal content.
As for the question implied in your subject heading, look for a mismatch between what she is saying in words, what the tone of her voice suggests ( if you weren't so closely attenting to the word content ) and what her body postutre and movements suggest. Exaggerating, someone who says "I adore you", through gritted teeth, in a grumpy growl, holding themselves tightly wrapped up and facing away from you, not even looking you in the eye, is probably not communicating genuine love !

3
Posted by: JJ | 2004/11/07

As CS has said Body language is fairly complex - I think it has been studied for more than 30 years and they are still finding new things all the time.

The main thing is that it is a language - and you can't make interpretations on single actions. - you have to look at lots of actions together and then you could still get it wrong sometimes.

About your point - show if she likes you - if a girl thinks you might be interesting she will "bump" you with some or other mixed signal - so that the man wonders 'does she like me or not' - and then she watches your reaction. If she likes it you will be able to talk to her and if she does not, she will reject you. That way she is in charge of the whole procedure although you think you are. The point - unless she is too shy, she will contact you subtly if she like you.

Reply to JJ
Posted by: Jackadeejack | 2004/11/06

The best book is on kalahari.net >> Body Language by Pease .. about R200.
Make sure the authors are "Pease"

Reply to Jackadeejack
Posted by: psme | 2004/11/05

it would be difficult to explain in a few lines, dont you have accesss to a public library, there are quite a few books on the subject illustrated with photos.

Reply to psme