Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2005/11/21

Body for Life Program

I am on the Body for Life program, but what worries me is the little cardio prescribed in the program. It is only 20 minutes 2 times a week. I can feel I am picking up weight and my bum is getter bigger. Should I do more cardio?

Hi Wondering

I agree with you, I also think that more cardio would strengthen the programme. Having said that, you read about some pretty impressive results on the programme, which means it works for some people. I think, however, that the big problem is that not all people are the same and so you may well need more cardio than the next person. Cardio is without a doubt the better means of losing body fat and so I think that if you can adjust the programme, and include more cardio, then you will achieve better results. Don't throw out the weights though, they are still important and have a lot to do with the success of the programme, but if you can add another 2 days a cardio, it should make a difference.