Question
Posted by: Trying Hard | 2007/03/20

Body for Life Doubts???

Hi I'm needing some advice please.
I've been doing body for life and am into my 3rd week already. I've been following the diet and my exercise plan religiously.
I haven't lost any weight as yet, but gone up a kg! Is this normal?
I also haven't been able to see any results. Does this mean it's not working for me?
I'm very concerned that I'll put on weight with the eating plan as I used to be a very light eater and would eat a meat about once every 2mths. Now I'm eating 6 meals a day and protein and carbs at each meal.
Is it a bad thing if my meals are a little smaller than the suggested amounts of the size of your fist?
Please advise if I'm wasting my time and should change to a routine and diet that would work for me? Or should I stick with it?
Much appreciated.

It's too soon to see change, and the kilogram you have gained is quite normal. So don't worry, there's nothing wrong!

The kilogram you've gained is most likely an increase in plasma volume or even a slight increase in muscle mass, which can happen quite soon after training. Most likely, it's just fluid retention though, and that's nothing to worry about at all. Just give it more time. The same goes for actually starting to see results - you need to work on at least a 3 month focus, not 3 weeks, and give it until June before you start making the big decisions of whether it's working or not.