Question
Posted by: Gemma | 2006/11/13

Body for life

Hi. Ive read about the body for life so often. I am a female... I know and read about females that wont bulk no matter how heavy the weighs...how does the body for life training method differ with doing only circuit training? The gym is often so busy with men pumping weights in the weight section that you dont seem to get a chance for free weights and only have the machines available? Can you achieve the same results?

Hi Gemma

There's not a huge difference between the body for Life programme and what you would get from a circuit session in terms of the TYPE of exercises you would do.

The Body for Life premise is that you should do pretty intensive training - whether you do that on the circuit or not really makes no difference. I think it's been pretty successful, though it makes claims that are not always true, but that's marketing and promotion for you!

I think go for the circuit - it's conveneint and easy to use, and the effects are similar.