Question
Posted by: sporty | 2006/07/20

body for life

Is enyone doing the body for life program.I would to if it works well.I bougt the body for life book,but wonder if i do this on my owne.could someone please tell me more about body for life,thanks

Dear Sporty,

I hope you get some further feedback from those who have tried this programme: I am not familiar with it.

Best of Luck

6
Posted by: yena | 2006/07/21

O yes, also, there is a SA body for life website where you can ask for assistance on the program. Do a google search.

Reply to yena
Posted by: Yena | 2006/07/21

Sporty
The best way to start is to read the book from beginning to end - as you would any other book. Work out a daily routine. He actually give samples on how to do that. I follow my own diet - I restrict my calories and eat every 2 hours. But, if you don't have a diet - he actually gives you one in the book which is very easy to follow - takes a bit of planning.
The only thing that is difficult is to decide which weights to begin with. I was gyming before the program and knew what my avarage lifting capabilities were, so I just continued from there on out. But if you read the book he explaines very nicely how to go about identifying your starting weights. I actually read the book 4 times and went back to it a couple of times before I started and during the program to make sure that I understood the program exactly. If you dont feel like it - try the gym. Many of the gyms actually have the program and can assist you in training that way. I think you may need to pay them for the service, but it may be worth it. Good luck. I'll be doing my final week next week and plan to continue for a second cycle.

Reply to Yena
Posted by: sporty | 2006/07/21

Do you eat the diet thats in book without the supplements,or have got own healthy diet.please help i dont no where to start in that book to get going.sorry for the silly questions.

Reply to sporty
Posted by: Yena | 2006/07/21

I'm in week 11 of the BFL program. I started gyming in Aug 2005 - and started BFL 11 weeks ago. Since starting the program I have firmed up much more than in the rest of my gym time. Yes - it needs a lot of discipline, but it becomes easier as time passes. I have not had the fat loss that I would have liked, however, I have not followed the dieet he gives to the T. I don't take any of his supplements either since I think it is too expensive and a rip off. I've lost a LOT of CM's, have muscles I never dreamed of having, and lost about 5 kg's so far on the program. - need to loose 5 more - and has started doing more cardio to do so (20 mins after upper body exercises extra). I'm doing it on my own with a friend. Oh yes, my fitness has increased a lot - but then again - on the cardio days, I run for 1 hour and not his prescribed 20 mins. I've also added a lot more abb exercises and do about 3 extra exercises for upper and lower body - which I felt the program didn't cover such as lower back, sides, thighs etc.

Reply to Yena
Posted by: Morne | 2006/07/20

Hi there Sporty

Ive been on the Body for Life program now for 3weeks. I know there are still 9weeks left, but so far I am very impressed wirh the program. The main thing is that the program not only changing your body, but also your mind and health.

It is true what Gruffi said, you must follow the program exactly as in the book and the supplements are essential.

Would be nice though to get feedback from other people on their experience bout the program and keep in touch.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Reply to Morne
Posted by: Gruffi | 2006/07/20

Hi Sporty

I have followed the Body for Life Programme for a few months ... but sad to say did not get the results I needed. It seems to me that the substances he speaks about in book is vital ...

On the other hand it is a good exercise programme if you are very strict and follow it to the letter. You have to be very disciplined though.

My only concern with the programme is that it is a generic one. I am following a more specified rugby exercise programme.

Reply to Gruffi