Question
Posted by: Car | 2008/01/10

Body fat percentage

I have been doing between 6-8 hours exercise per week for the last year or so and eat relatively healthy but cannot get my fat percentage down - do you have any suggestions?

Dear Car
You don't mention what your present body fat percentage is and if you are a man or a woman? If you are male, the normal body fat% is 14% and if you are a woman it is 24%. Only elite athletes have lower body fat%. If your % falls within the normal range and you are not an elite athlete, then you will probably not be able to lower it any further. If your % is higher than the normal range for normal men or women then you need to reduce your fat intake. Try eating a low-fat diet high in carbohydrates to reduce the body fat%.

2
Posted by: GoalSeeker | 2008/08/22

What is the ideal body fat % for women? Would like to set this goal for myself to achieve vs. ideal weight.
Thanks!

Reply to GoalSeeker
Posted by: Claudia | 2008/06/29

What is the ideal body fat percentage for a 36 year old woman, height 165cm's, weight 65 kg's.

Reply to Claudia