Question
Posted by: joe | 2003/02/15

body building & exercise

what type of body building and exercise must i do to build mucsle and be fit? i'm an ashtmatic so i don't want to trigger my asthma.

Hi Joe

I suggest you log onto www.health24.co.za and join the free gym-based interactive exercise programme called "War ON Wobbles". There you will get all the info you need as well as weekly monitoring. If you prefer a home-based programme, then log onto the same site but go into the fitness section and you'll find "Shape up for Summer". There are many different cardiovascular options with great goals from which to choose, as well as a range of resistance exercises you can do from home.

If you suffer from exercise induced asthma, you should use 2-3 puffs of an "asthma spray", about 15 mins before commencing exercise. This should prevent an asthma attack.

Good luck.