Question
Posted by: help help | 2005/07/27

boarded from work and the procedue

Hi Doc ,

What I need to know is what is the procedure when your doc decides you can not work any more and wants to board you ,
Do you go and see a panel off people how decides ? will insurance pay out as it’s a disability ? how long does the process take before all in final

Help, it depends on who you work for and who your pension is with, but usually it involves your doctor writing a letter saying that he feels you need to be “boarded”. You then take this to your boss and they will take it from there. This usually means that you will be seen by an independent doctor or panel of doctors who will decide whether you have a valid claim or not. If you have a valid claim, a different panel will then determine how big a percentage of your pension you will be getting if you are “boarded”. This whole process may take months, so don’t be in too much of a hurry. Good luck

9
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/31

If I have been medically boarded for over 10 years, and want to go back to work. I was working in the education department, I would like to know what could I do to be able to work again.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/16

Hi Please advise the procedure should someone be boarded and then three months later wants to return to work. Can he/she be employed?

Posted by: ashwin y | 2016/04/15

hi. i have medical issues. im a cardiac patient with 5 stents and also a diabetic. im an artisan fitter by trade so my job function is very stressful and physically demanding. do i have grounds to apply for medical boarding?

Reply to ashwin y
Posted by: mrs wood | 2015/08/25

Can d company refuse to board u off work and accept early retirement. Eg. My dad us a welder and a smoker. But dey say dey can't board him coz it cant b proven dat his sickness is due to the chemicals at work or his smoking

Reply to mrs wood
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/24

can I claim unemployment if I am boarded? I dont have a pension fund

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/16

I have a candidate who was boarded 3 months ago. and now she wants to return to work. What is the procedure?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/25

I suffer with Eplisy(fits) and I getting sick offen.I want to get boarded off from work.what need to do and how they going to paid me and how long this thing take.Thanks

Posted by: R GOVENDER | 2014/08/24

WILL HE BE PAID HIS PROVIDENT MONEY AND ALSO BE PAID BY COMPANY.JUST WORRIED CAUSE MEDICAL EXPENSES ARE HUGE AND BOND HAS TO BE PAID.

Reply to R GOVENDER
Posted by: Ragmat | 2013/08/15

Hi Id like to know what to do in a case where a person had a heart attack at work and has been off from work for 2 months and is still getting very tired after walking and his work is very stressful and strenuous. Can he be medically bearded.

Reply to Ragmat