Question
Posted by: father ted | 2004/01/08

BMI of 27

Hi Conrad

Great forum!!

I am male, 32 years old, 1.75m tall and weigh 86kg's my BMI is about 27.
I have just started on a program I spotted in the Mens Health.
Despite my BMI bieng quite high I would like to gain another 4 or 5 kg's.
I am currently using a pure protien supplement (Biomax) once a day after training but have decided to rather use Muscleup (Muscle Science) to gain additional weight as it has more carbs.

Have I lost the plot, if so any advice would help.

father ted

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Father Ted,

Thank you for your compliments-I appreciate it!!

Your BMI is out of that is commonly regarded as the healthy range but the short coming of the BMI approach is that it does not take muscularity and frame into account. If you have a big frame or are muscular and you look fine then you have nothing to worry about.

No you have not lost the plot but I would suggest that you supplement a bit more than you are currently doing. Try supplementing three times a day but use the high carb supplement immediately after training only and the other supplement at the others times.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist