Posted by: Mfezi | 2008/08/04

Hello Cybershrink

I am suffering from bipolar mood disorder type II. I take 400milligram Epilim (divided by 2 doses) and Rivotril at night.
I also take African Griffonia Seed as a supplement to this meds and it goes very well with me. Even the shrink is happy with me. But, I tend to forget things - no short term memory whatsoever. What supplements\medication can I get that will rectify this problem?

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Intrresting question, Mfezi. I'm not familiar with using Griffonia Seed, and I'm pleased to hear you are doing better on your meds. Ask your shrink, though, whether he/she thinks the Epilim or Rivotril could be affecting your memory. It'd be a shame to vary meds that are otherwise suiting you well, but that might become an option. If the memory troubles were present BEFORE you started these meds, then, obviously he/she'd need to look for other possible causes. I can't think of any other obvious likely cause of such problems other than as possible medicatio side-effects right now, but he/she would be better placed to think about this, having examined you fully and knowing your situation in detail