Question
Posted by: LMR | 2004/10/25

Blurry vision, low on energy, and urinate very often

Dear Doc

I wake in the mornings being low on energy, although I fell asleep early heh night before. I would be having a fun time with my husband and/or friends, all wake up and full of energy, and the next moment I would be dead tired. Sleepy tired. I lost about 10 kilo's in 2 months time, I am now under wait, I tried everything to pick up the weight again, I picked up three, but lost it again in a few days time. We had a very stressfull time these last few weeks, all is sorted now, but it is as if I don't get enough sleep.

I also go the loo to often, and I know I am not pregnant. I never woke up at night to go the loo, but lately I do so 2/3 times night.

I would also sometimes have blurry vision and it is hard to concentrate at work and while driving.

Could this be diabetes?

Can I have myself tested at a pharmacy?

Please help!

We are aslo trying to conceive, how could diabetes effect this?

Ragards

LMR, it sounds like it might be diabetes or a thyroid problem. You can have your sugar tested at a pharmacy, but you will have to see your doctor for the thyroid test. Whatever it is, it will have to be sorted out because losing 10kg in 2 months without wanting to is seldom a good thing. Good luck.