Posted by: Blurry eyes | 2008/10/19

Blurred vision

Dear DR Bets
I had my eyes test about 3 months ago and my long distance was excellent I only needed glasses for reading.

But lately ,and it seems to be getting worse ,I find my vision is blurring. At first it was only slightly irritating as though I needed to rub my eyes all the time to clear them as I drove my car. I at first thought it was only my sunglasses that were blurring my vision but now it blurs even without the sunglasses. It has also started blurring when I am working at the computer. But it clears up after a while.

I have been on felodipine 10mg for 3 months for high blood pressure. At first I found that it seemed as though I was retaining water but that seems to have settled down.

But I am concerned about the blurred vision and at times slight dizzyness with mild headaches. Could this blurred vision and slight headaches be due to the medication?

At the same time as I started on the Felodipine I also went back onto my Estrofem medication which I had been off for a while.

Could this just be a conincidence?

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult a opthalmologist, to exclude a pathological reason for your blurred vision.

Kind regards