Question
Posted by: Gina | 2004/12/18

BLUE TOE NAIL

About 2 months ago, i noticed that the nail of my big toe of my left foot was blue on the one side (like when you bumped it). I did not bump the toe and also do not wear tight fitting shoes. I mostly wear sandals. I painted the toe with nail polish because it did not look nice. I just kept on painting over the nail. 3 Days ago I wanted to take off the nail polis properly and then I noticed that the whole toe nail is blue (like bleeding under the nail) except a spot in the middle of the toe. The toe is not sore or tender at all.

Gina, it might be due to bleeding, but it might also be due to a fungal infection or even something else. I can’t really say what the problem is without being able to examine you, so the best would be too see your GP and have him sort it out for you. Good luck.