Question
Posted by: sara | 2003/03/26

blue fluid oozing from toe

my 11-12 year old niece has blue fluid which oozes from a toe when she wears closed shoes resulting in staining and imprinting of the sock but not the shoe lining.the toe turns blue and regains its natural colour only after her foot has been exposed for a period of time.the problem disappeared for a few weeks after she obtained new socks and shoes but has now begun to manifest the 'blue toe' symptom with accompanying ooze again.the physicians consulted are baffled and have failed to come up with a diagnosis.any suggestions?

Sara, I would love to see this, because it has me baffled. It sounds a bit weird, but there should be a simple explanation. I would start by having the fluid analysed to find out exactly what it is and take it from there. Good luck.