Question
Posted by: Charne | 2007/03/19

Blue Cream Persian loosing Hair

I have 4 felines, ranging from (lovingly called) pavement special, spca kit, another thrown away kit and my pure bred. : ) All my cats are healthy and eat often as they should. All of them are in a healthy condition, meaning coat shiny and fat. However, my blue cream is loosing her long hair. Her tail still have a few long hairs, but you do notice the difference i.e. what it use to look like compared to now. The same with her body, some hairs are long, but you do notice that across the shoulders the hair is much smaller and nearly to the skin.

I've checked her skin for any skin condition but couldn't see any distinctive infections, her skin does look normal. Any idea what could cause this?

PS - I'll be taking her to the vet Friday, just thought some of you might have some advice.

Once insects etc are ruled out, one has to rule out seasonal changes etc. Hopefully this will be done on Friday.