Question
Posted by: carli | 2006/04/05

blown away

CS - i am now completely befuddled. My colleague and i went outside at work like we do every day for a smoke break. while there, an indian gentleman (with a turban on his head) comes over and introduces himself and hands me a business card which says something about tarot reading etc. etc. i immediately hand it back to him and say i dont believe in that type of thing. he proceeds to ask me if he can just tell me one or two things - things like why i give an impression of being happy but yet my heart is troubled, why i always want to give things to people and why i never received... he looks at my colleague and says to her that she seems happy but she needs to control her temper as she'll get further in life (which si precisely true according to her). we both just laugh and tell him he is correct in what he is saying but that's that. he then proceeds to only "deal" with me and asks me to write my name and birthdate on a piece of papaer. he then draws a kinda grid and writes something on a section of the paper, which he tears off and give back to me and asks me to hold in my right hand. he continues asking me some more questions and says to me that i am a kind person and people take advantage of me (if i get r100 in the left hand, i give off r80 with the right hand). he also says that i must be wary of female friends/work colleagues who pretend that they want me to suceed but actually want me to fail but that i need'nt worry as i will be successful in the end (he gave me the date of 3/12/06 as the day all that is worrying me will be sorted out...(maybe i win the lotto ha-ha-ha). anyway, after a while he asks me to name a number between 1-5 and ny flower and to take my right hand where i am holding the piece of paper he gave me earlier on and to put it on my heart and say good spirit in, bad spirit out 3x, to blow on my hand 3 x and to then open the paper and on the paper was the number i had chosen and the flower!!!! how the hell did this happen - i am now completely freaked out as people are telling me that even though he did'nt say bad things, i have allowed him to tap into my energy. he also gave me a ring to wear on my left hand and an obscure bead which he said i must wear on a chain (i have since chucked both away) - gees man, why do things like that happen to me - i dont believe in sh!t like that???

He is a skilled con man, using very typical and well-practised tricks to impress you, There is absolutely nothing genuine about it. Indeed, from the other messages, this sounds like a visiting organization of tricksters. If one of the approached me, I'd look him straight in the turban and say : " I can also forsee the future, very accurately indeed. I see you being investigated by the Immigration authorities and Home Affairs, and by the Fraud Squad of the SA Police, and maybe the tax man ? Am I being accurate enough for you ?

7
Posted by: Similar experience | 2006/04/06

A very tall Indian man with a turban just arrived in my husband's bus premises from nowhere and told him he came from afar and had very important news to give him but first he needed to look into my husband's palm. My husband refused and told him to look him in the eyes and tell him the news face to face. He handed over a bus card but them took it back again and repeated his story....he said he received "donations" and he uses the money for charity work. He eventually left. This was in the Germiston area

Reply to Similar experience
Posted by: Carli | 2006/04/06

hey CL
believe it or not - if you are freaked out by it, imagine how i feel? anyway, just to let all know, i have decided to not 'take this thing on" and to just le it go and believe Sue when she says it is all a hoax.

Reply to Carli
Posted by: Clueless. | 2006/04/05

Who-hoo! What a freaky story! I know I must, but I choose not to believe you. Even though the detail is very good... VERY good. If that sort of thing happened to me, I'll willingly shoot myself with the nearest available gun.

Reply to Clueless.
Posted by: sue | 2006/04/05

I work in Bruma Johannesburg, and had the exact same thing happen to me - twice! He didn't remember me from the first time around as I was in a different office block. He aslo said the exact same things to me that he said to you - Forget about him, they are a bunch of frauds who go around trying to win people's confidences in the hopes of finally getting money out of you for "readings".

Reply to sue
Posted by: Someone | 2006/04/05

Keep us posted after 03/12/06 if there is any luck, he he he. Good luck any way.

Reply to Someone
Posted by: Carli | 2006/04/05

Gardens in cape town - where did it happen to you and what did he say??

Reply to Carli
Posted by: bells | 2006/04/05

Hi Carli

If I may ask what area are you from, as I had the exsact same thing happen to me last week, just want to know if this is the same guy.

thanks

Reply to bells