Question
Posted by: Scared | 2005/07/14

Bloody discharge

I'm 37, came off the pill 1 year ago and have had normal periods since. The problem I have is my last period was late (2 weeks) and quite light. It stopped about a week ago but I've had a bloody discharge for 2 days now and I'm worried about it. I've made an appointment with my gynae for my annual papsmear and checkup, but it's only in September and I'm worried that something might be wrong. Is this normal, and why does it happen? Please help, I'm so scared.

I presume that you have done a pregnany test. If negative, it could be due to stress,changes in diet and weight, ovarian cysts.