Posted by: Shawn | 2008/07/21

Bloody diarrhoea

I' m a body builder and eat a high protein diet.
I' m used to the odd bit of stomach discomfort but today was especially unpleasant. I also eat alot of oats so I have a pretty regular digestive system. Because I eat a high calorie diet I have about 3-4 bowel movements a day.

My appetite was fine but I felt a bit lethargic all day.
This evening I noticed that the toilet paper was pretty bloody. On looking in the bowel the water was really red.

I have felt fine for ages and don' t really ever get sick.
I ran through the last couple of days and haven' t done anything unusual. I' ve eaten the same food as the family except the oats.
I did realise that I forgot to wash out my protein shake bottle on Friday so there was milk and protein powder residue in the bottle from 3 days ago.

I wonder if that may have had some sort of effect.

Is this something I should be worried about? I have to admit that it' s pretty scary.

Hi Shawn
I don't think this is due to the proteien shake bottle if you did not have any cramps or diarrhoea. If you pick up very heavy weights you may have an internal hemorroid that is bleeding. Rather have it checked out by your GP with a physical examination?