Question
Posted by: Curious | 2004/01/26

Bloodtypes

Morning
Could doc or someone who knows please explain to me how does the parents' bloodtypes influence their children's bloodtypes?
E.g.
1. If both my husband and I are o+, does this mean our children would all be o+ as well. Is there a possibility that one child could be something completely different?
2. If one parent is o+ and one o-, what will the result be?
3. If one parent is o+ and one AB, what will the result be?

I am aware of the rhesus neg factor and how that works, but please explain the above to me as well.
I have done a search on yahoo but have not found any answers.

If you are both O +ve, your child will be O+ve.
If one is O+ve and the other O-ve, the child could be either, depending on which gene it inherits.
With O and AB, the child will inherit one or other blood group, so will be either O or AB.