Posted by: Lynne | 2008/10/02

Blood type Diet, Low Gi Diet or combined

Good day

Lynne here, a litte while ago i wrote to you, i weighed 99 at the time, im changing my lifesyle through diet and have managed to lose 1 kg a week, so i now weigh 95kg.Im following a low gi diet with exercise, yet have read recently about a blood type diet, according to my blood type i should eat lamb, beef and other red met instead of chicken. It also says lentils are bad for me even though i' ve been replacing the meat with beans and lentils. Do you perhaps have any suggestions in this regard.

Dear Lynne
Good to hear from you again and that you have lost 4 kg in such a sensible way. I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. If you start eating only lamb, beef and other red meat you will increase your intake of energy, fat and saturated fat and cholesterol a lot, so rather leave this idea alone. The theory that people with some of the 'ancient' blood groups can't eat grains and legumes is nonsense because well preserved bodies of people who died more than 7000 years ago have been found in the ice of glaciers and when their stomach contents were analysed the researchers found that these people had been eating wheat and all the other components of a balanced modern diet.
Stick to your low-fat, low-GI diet and you will lose that weight AND be 100% healthier than before.