Question
Posted by: Marina | 2005/01/13

Blood type diet

My husband is severely overweight (about 35-40kgs) and after years of subtle persuasion he has finally made it his New Years resolution to lose weight.

He started off by eating smaller portions, less starch and no fat. He also got an excercise plan somewhere, where you start by walking slowly for 10min and gradually increase the tempo and distance, which sounds good to me, concidering that he is very unfit at the moment.

Now he heard about the Blood Type Diet and is determined to follow it to the letter. I would hate to see him lose confidence and fall back into his old eating habits if this diet does not work. How effective is it and is it generally recommended by dieticians?

Thanks for the input.
Marina

Dear Marina
I apologise for only responding to your question today, but I had to have an operation last Wednesday, and although I informed the boffins who administer the Message Board, they failed to block incoming messages while I was in hospital.
I am so glad to hear that your hubby has taken these first steps towards losing weight. If he is very motivated to use the blood type diet, then by all means let him do so as it will improve his chances of success. This is, however, not a type of diet that is generally prescribed by dietitians and I cannot give you feedback on its results. But let him try it and let's hold thumbs that he succeeds.