Question
Posted by: Tiger | 2004/03/01

blood toenail

Another question: if you have blood under the toenail, is it a good idea to keep playing soccer?

Hi Tiger

It's fine to keep playing as long as there's no pain. Of course, you want to eventually stop this from happening, and for this, you have to look at the shoes. Blood under the toenail is caused by impact of the toe against the shoe, and so most often is caused by shoes that are too small, because this means that the toe strikes the front of the shoe every time the foot lands. So, it may be time to consider bigger shoes. In rare occasions, it's caused by shoes that are too big, giving the foot even more room to slide and sometimes even striking the seam of the shoe. THe bottom line is that the shoe is probably not quite the right size.

1
Posted by: Runner | 2004/03/01

Tiger I run a lot and I regularly have blood under the toe nail. And I keep running. As long as it isn't painful, there's no need to stop playing soccer.

Reply to Runner