Question
Posted by: Angel | 2004/10/20

Blood Tests ?!?!

Dear Doc

Please could you help me out on the following... nothing is wrong really I'm just really curious to know!!

I went for extensive blood tests and all and everything is Ok, but in my results it states...

My glucose level is below average, quite low & my Lymphocytes are High, just above average, what does that mean? Anything I can do or should do to improve, not improve ?!?!
Kind of a bit 'greek' to me so was just wondering if you could assist!!

Many thanks for your help!

Dear Angel
I am the Diet Expert so I am not the best authority for blood test results - ask Cyberdoc just to be sure. If your blood glucose level is low and this is not a so-called 'fasting sample' then it just means that you did not eat anything for a long period before the blood was drawn. Lymphocytes increase when one has an infection, but it also depends on the actual values and how much higher the count was. So check the latter with Cyberdoc too.