Question
Posted by: jab | 2007/04/17

Blood Test to determine ovulation

Dear Doc, I would like to know if the 21 day progesterone test is the right test to see if I ovulated or not. Is this a test I can go for myself or do I need a refrence from my GP. I just wanted to know because I went for IUI yesterday all natural cycles and needed to make sure. Thank you!

Dear Jab

If you have a regular 28-day cycle, then the day 21 progesterone test is appropriate. However, this will have to be done under the auspices of a practitioner and you will need a referral note (check with the client services of the various laboratories to see if this is absolutely necessary or not).

1
Posted by: CK | 2007/04/19

hi Jab
Good luck with your results..the doc will prbably say that 21 day blood test is right - but when I was trying it never picked up my ovulat'n - altho I was ov'ting and eventually did fall pregnt. I bought myself a ov monitor and tested at home evry day myself - felt much more in control.....they are expensive but in long run cheaper than getting blood test every month!
Good luck & let us know how it goes.CK

Reply to CK