Question
Posted by: anne | 2005/07/18

blood test as pregnant test HELP!!!!!!!!

Yes i was here on friday and asked advice about my sister in law, yip we went for the blood test on saturday, not that this helped much, the lady said we should come bk next friday, the test was done and instead of just showing a minus sign there was a slight plus sign, please can someone tell me what to do now???????????? she is absolutley distraught and doesn't know what to do, me niether. would it be possible for my gynie to see if she is preggies or not? would a scan pick it up now already???????????

It sounds like a possible very early pregnany. A scan would not pick it up. The only thing to do is to repeat it a few days time.

8
Posted by: anne | 2005/07/18

i've managed to get her in with my gynie today at 15h45 so i will update tomorrow, thanks for the help

Reply to anne
Posted by: Melanie | 2005/07/18

I know that the best will come of the situation. Just relax and atleast she has got you and her brother to stand by her and help her through it.

Reply to Melanie
Posted by: anne | 2005/07/18

thanks i will keep u updated, to bear a child is the best gift god ever gave me and her brother and we know that she will be a brilliant mom, just wish that it wasn't like this but if she is we will make all the best of it.

Reply to anne
Posted by: Melanie | 2005/07/18

Good luck to the both of you and please do let us know if she is preggies or not. I also come out of a highly conservative afrikaans home so I know what you are talking about. Just remember that these things happen for a reason and if she is preggies, it was meant to be. Relax, God won't give anyone of you more than what you can handle.

Reply to Melanie
Posted by: anne | 2005/07/18

thanks Melanie, yes she is only 20 and not settled, she has steady boyfriend, but only of 4 mths so as you can imagine this is a shock to him to, but we are afrikaans and ny father in law will "kill" her if she is preggies, so that's why she is so stressed, i got hold of my gynie, he will try fit us in this avie, says he will be able to see on scan, maby just a dot but he should see something if she already has the sysmptoms..........................thanks

Reply to anne
Posted by: Melanie | 2005/07/18

To me it sounds as if she is pregnant. Is she to young or why is she so distressed? She should try and relax, take plenty of folic acid and enjoy the pregnancy. I think do what the doctor said, wait until friday and have another test done, i know its hard to wait but it will be worth it. I am not sure if a scan can pick it up so soon, maybe on of the other ladies can help. Please keep us up to date on what is happening.

Reply to Melanie
Posted by: anne | 2005/07/18

she was diagnosed and had op for endo in may, had 1 period since and this month is now 1,1/2 weeks late, she not on any contraception and for the last week had been nauses every am had over weekend said her boobs were sensitive???????????????any help appreciated

Reply to anne
Posted by: Melanie | 2005/07/18

Hi Anne

I am not sure if she has missed a period yet, could you give me the posting number for Friday so that I can just get an idea what you are talking about and then I will try and help you. :)

Reply to Melanie