Question
Posted by: Ronel | 2005/12/12

Blood test and diet ?

I have picket up 15kg in one year. I have tried a couple of diets but don't see any results. Please tell me if it is a good idea to go on a diet based on my bloodgroup. Ans if so where do I go ?

Dear Ronel
I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you feel that you must try the blood diets, then ask at your nearest good bookstore such as Exclusive Books for the book by D'Adamo.