Question
Posted by: CC | 2007/06/06

Blood test after AI

Dear Doc

What is the difference between Beta Qualitative and Beta Quantitative tests?

CC

Dear CC

A qualitative test is simply a lesssensitive test and will be reported as either a 'positive' or 'negative' above a certain threshold.
A quantitative test is done by sequential dilution and will detect even small quantities of pregnancy hormone, reported as an absolute level.

2
Posted by: Dee | 2007/06/07

beta qualitative just means they test for either a positive or a negative (no numbers). a beta quantitative means they actually give you a number, this also helps to determine how far along you are. In early pregnancy the number will be around 100.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2007/06/07

This is what I understand from what my gynea explained.
It is not the quantity of eggs, it is the quality produced that is important to fall pregnant. You can produce quantity, i.e 50 low level eggs and they will be absorbed into your uterus before the sperm gets to it. Therefore you need to produce quality eggs, high level eggs that last long enough for the sperm to enter before re-absorption. Even just one quality egg will lead to pregnancy.

Reply to Tinkerbell