Posted by: Jerome | 2009/08/06

blood test

Hi Cyberdoc, i recently asked you a question regarding doing a testosterone blood test to see if my levels are low (24 year old male) . After doing some research Ive seen that the following factors should be measured in the blood test to see if testosterone injections are suitable for someone as young as me: estradiol/estrogen , prolactin , leutinizing hormone(LH) , free testosterone and total testosterone. Do you have any idea how much a blood test that meausures these factors would cost and do you think its worth it? Would a GP be able to help me with translating the blood results or should I see a endocronologist who specializes in this? If the latter, then do you know of any endo' s in the Durban area and can you give me their contact details. Thanks.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Jerome
The cost will depend on the lab - not all the tests may be necessary, one can begin with a few basic ones, and I think an urologist will be the right specialist to see. Look on - click in the blue block on free search to look for an urologist in your area.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.