Question
Posted by: cee | 2004/11/02

Blood test

Ladies,
Can a blood test to confirm pregnancy be incorrect? Would like to hear from you.

No test is absoultely foolproof, but the chances would be very low.

2
Posted by: mommy | 2004/11/02

This is for R. How many weeks were you when you went for your first blood test. I went yesterday and although Ihaven't had a period since 13/09/04, the test came back negative. I have other symtoms of pregnancy though, like swollen breasts, enlarged abdomen, headaches, nausea and fatigue. Please help, going crazy!!!

Reply to mommy
Posted by: R | 2004/11/02

Hi cee,

I don't think it can be incorrect. If it is done too early then it might be considered negative as was the case with me (level of hormones were too low to say whether it was positive or negative). I repeated it a couple of days later and it was positive. A blood test is very accurate if it is done at the right time.

R

Reply to R