Question
Posted by: Louisa | 2004/10/28

Blood test

Hi all

I posted on Wednesday that I might be pregnant. Did a HPT and a faint positive appeared. I then went for a blood test on the sameday but the results came back indecisive. They are not negative and not positive either. I dont know what this mean!!Am I know pregnant or not. When can I go for a re-test? My LMP was on the 23 Sept and if I calculate correctly I think I'm 5 weeks today.

Louisa

It means that it may be too early to be sure. Repeat the test in a week.

1
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/28

I would go and see a gynae. If they do a scan they can check if you are pregnant, or you can wait for a few days more and do another blood test and if your HPT levels goes up then you are pregnant and the baby is growing.

They call the type of test a count test / pregnancy test. Just explain to them what happened. The gynae normally also want to take a blood test today and then 24 hours later another one to make sure the pregnancy are growing. It all depends on you.

Normally on a scan of 5 weeks you won't see much (not even a heartrate yet) just the sac and maybe a small tiny little blot. Do a blood test today and then one again tomorrow and then wait till you 7 weeks and see a gynae.

Reply to Francis