Question
Posted by: AA | 2004/10/12

Blood test

Do you have to wait for a missed period before you can have a blood test done to check whether you're pregant?

Preferably but it could be positive before you miss your period.

2
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/12

A blood test can pick up a pregnancy as early as 10 days after you conceived. Rather wait till your last few days before your next period then do a blood test. i had one done 2 days before my period was suppose to start and it was positve.

good luck

Reply to Francis
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/10/12

I don;t think so, but also if your hormone levels are not e\very high the blood test may not pick up the pregnancy. HOwever i could be wrong. Do wait for the doc to respond or phone a pathology laboratory.

Reply to Shirls