Question
Posted by: TM22 | 2007/03/23

Blood sugar level 3.1 after eating

I measured my blood sugar level about a month ago (not even 10 minutes after having eaten 3 sices of pizza, I know that you should measure 1-2 hours after eating but I was just curious to see what it would be) and my blood sugar level measured 3.1. I have since been trying to find out more via the web on low blood sugar levels but have been unsuccessful.

I'm not sure if it is related to the above but I have also been feeling constantly tired and struggle to remember things, I can hardly remember what I did yesterday. I physically have to set my mind to retracing my day to remember what I did and until a couple of months ago my memory was great! I am starting with studies soon and am worried that I will fail due to this problem...advice please? (I am currently 20 years of age - if that is relevant)

Dear TM22
I think you should go for a fasting bloodsugar, fasting insulin and glucose tolerance test - this way one would be able to see if you had an abnormal sugar response - talk to your GP. You may have to use medication or a special diet to manage it if you do have low bloodsugar.