Question
Posted by: Janap | 2004/11/24

Blood Sugar Level?

What is the average blood sugar level for people between 55-59, and how dangerous is a count of 11.3?

Janap, it depends on whether it is a fasting or a random sample, but 11.3 mmol/L is too high no matter whether it was fasting or not. Let me know if it was a fasting sample or not and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Jack | 2004/11/24

Mine tested 12 but I had just had 2 jam sandwiches and was told that it's fine. So if you'd eaten something justy before the test, have another test without having anything to eat for 2 hours or so before.

Reply to Jack
Posted by: science | 2004/11/24

If that is your fasting blood sugar level, you are an overt diabetic and need treatment for it IMMEDIATELY! as in TODAY! normal blood sugar is 5.5-6 or lower.

Reply to science