Question
Posted by: Karen | 2007/03/29

Blood pressure test???

Is there a way that you can determine if you have low or high blood pressure - i.e. low blood pressure will make you feel light headed and nauseous - other symptoms?
and high blood pressure? what symptoms will you have?

i can't run to my Doctor or chemist every day to check my BP.

Hi Karen
Low BP makes one feel lightheaded and tired, high blood pressure can cause headache and swelling of the feet. One should at least check your bloodpressure once a year especially if you have a family history of high blood pressure.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/29

You can't determine whether you have high blood pressure without having more than 3 bp readings that appear to be abnormal. One high bp reading is not enough to say whether one has high bp or not.

If you think you have high bp you should have 3/4 visits to your gp for bp checks to see if you do in fact have a high bp problem.

High bp should NEVER be ignored as this could be dangerous.

Buy a bp monitor (available from any chemist) if you think you need to keep a check on it - but this is best done by a doctor.

Reply to anxious