Question
Posted by: Jo | 2005/11/22

Blood pressure / birth control

Hello

I am on Yasmine now for the last 9 months. On getting another 6 month script, the doctor checked my BP - why is this, how would the pill effect my BP?

The past three days I have been feeling very light headed and just generally abit 'offish'. It just happens to be that this is my 4th day of taking a 'active' tablet.

I do suffer from a very low BP - at gym yesterday it was 92 over 80 which is slightly higher than when I take it in the morning.

I follow a very healthy eating plan, I eat small meals every 3 to 4 hours because of my BP.

Jo, uncontrolled high blood pressure is a relative contra-indication for taking the contraceptive pill and this is probably why your doctor checked it. Good luck.