Question
Posted by: Bertie. | 2007/06/20

Blood pressure

What is considered the more important figure in blood pressure
measure, sistolic or diastolic pressure. what would be considerd
the healtier reading, 130/80 or 130/60?

Dear Bertie
Both are important. In the example you mentioned, the 130 would be a little bit higher than you would like it to be, in older people the wider the gap between the two, the more urgent the need for treatment.
See http://www.medicinenet.com/high_blood_pressure/article.htm

2
Posted by: CD again | 2007/06/23

Some people just have low bloodpressure - see mayoclinic dot com dash health dash low-blood-pressure dash DS00590
there are quite effective medications available to use for this

Reply to CD again
Posted by: Aisha Khan | 2007/06/21

please assit me as my frined is a very healthy fit male age 33 but is experiencing low blood pressure , what could be the reason and how does one rectiify this problem
Kind Regards
Aisha Khan

Reply to Aisha Khan