Question
Posted by: KM | 2007/02/22

Blood Pressure

I've come to terms I may not fall pregnant due to an under active thyroid and under active ovaries (This according to an ex-gynie). My new gynie put me onto Eltroxin 0.05mg and Eltroxin 0.1mg and also put me on Preveira and Premeran (spelling????) as he told me I'm pretty much menopausal and I'm 37. I never suffered blood pressure until I was put on to the Preveira and Premaren 0.625 now I do. I'm on Norvac 10mg. I just want to know is there any other hrt drugs that may not make me have high blood pressure? I know this could be stupid question. My GP yesterday I should find out from my gynie but I'm only going to be seeing him in May or June.

My problem started back in 1999 with a cyst on my ovary and a hernia close to my groin area a lungwiel (spelling mistake I know) hernia. I stopped having a period I was 29 years old and I started putting on weight, I was thin then I was 1m 72 and was weighing 57kg. I thought I was pregnant until the above was discovered. My first gynie did not give me any insight to my problem after the op after asking questions eventually I left him for a better gynie that told my dilemma, he put me onto Eltroxin the 0.05mg and I was able to have a period intermittently while I was on it. He even got me on to Clomed and some other tablet to see if I would ever fall pregnant, not a chance. My husband and I moved to another city, I'm in Pinetown, I obviously changed gynies. Apparently he is one of the best in the South Africa. He works at St. Augustins Hospital. He told me after taking some blood tests that I'm menopausal that was 3 years ago and put me on Premak 0.625mg (that has since been out of stock for some time hence the above hrt drugs) with the Eltroxins. He also mentioned about Autoimmune Disease. I don't know what that all entails so it would be enlightening to find out about that. As you know I'm now 37yrs old and 10kgs more heavier than I was back in 1999.

See reply to your other post.