Question
Posted by: CINDY | 2004/01/16

BLOOD PRESSURE

I have a guy friend. He is about 58 I guess. He went to the doc the other day and had his blood pressure taken. It was 170/70. As far as I know a good blood pressure would be around 120/80. Im assuming his is bad, but I dont know how bad? Is he going to be ok. He spokes heavy, and drinks. Does not exercise and also eats anything. He says his dad was the same and lived to his 80ies.

Cindy, it looks like he is under quite a bit of stress. I say this because his first reading (170) is high, but the second reading (70) is normal. The best would be for him to relax and to reduce his salt intake a bit. He should have his blood pressure checked in a month or so to see if it is still high. If it is, he will have to consider taking something for it. Good luck.