Question
Posted by: brendz | 2008/01/15

Blood patches just under the skin'

My Mom is taking Plavex after open heart surgery. Should she merely bump herself blood appears to rise to just under the skin. If this breaks open, it bleeds, but a very dark thick blood. How can we prevent the blood patches forming?

Dear Brendz
Her blood may now be too thin - ask your doctor to check her coagulation with blood test. The dark blood is because it is venous blood that leaks out.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Heather | 2009/02/14

My hands keep on getting blisters which take a long time to heel and leave terrible marks. I have had blood tests and the GP has sent the fluid from the blister for testing however everything has come back negative. My skin seems very thin and I am only 49. Could this be skin cancer? What can I do?

Reply to Heather