Question
Posted by: Varkie | 2008/01/25

Blood matches of parents

Someone told my husband that if we have the same blood type, that the risk of a unhealthy baby being born is higher. They say that if we are both A+ that he must see a doctor to change his blood type to A-. Please explain if this is true as we would like to think about having children and this is the first time that I have heard about this blood situation and do not know whether to believe it.

The problem arises if you are Rh -ve and he is Rh +ve. If you are both A+ve there is no problem.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2008/01/25

it is not true... if your blood is A- and yours is A+ or visa versa, then you could have a problem. it would not be the baby that would need the transfusion at birth, but the mother will need it.

Reply to Nix