Question
Posted by: dopey | 2008/01/24

blood in urine

My son's 7 yr old foxie had some blood in her urine, his dad gave her a penicillin injection, but she still looks a bit off to me and it has been a couple of days since the injection. There haven't been signs of blood since. What can it be?

Blood from the genitals can be "in season" signs, cystitis or even kidney problems. Some diseases also cause blood to be passed in the urine. Best for your vet to examine the dog incase the penicillin is not the cure. By the way - the inappropriate use of antibiotics (as in this case where a dog is injected with the drug) is illadvised. Unless the person injecting the drug is doing so under the strict instruction of a veterinary surgeon it will be contravening the Act governing the use of Scheduled Drugs. Penicillin is a schedule 4 drug that requires a prescription made on the diagnosis of a disease.

2
Posted by: Norma | 2008/07/03

When i urinate there is some blood in my urine but when i wipe it is allot and is bright red ? What could it be?

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Jeannine | 2008/06/10

Hi I'm 25 Years old & keep having the same problem over & over. What happens to me is very painful & very strange.
It feels as if i need to urinate but when i go to the toilet it's like a teaspoon of urine that comes out & it pains all the way through my vagina. I've also come across blood in my urine. Please help

Reply to Jeannine