Question
Posted by: S_ly_pain | 2007/02/28

Blood in Urine

I have to go to the toilet atleast every 30min, when i do i have a burning effect as the urine passes through and there is also n red-ish color like blood, but dark.

My wife says she thinks its kidney stones or infection?
Please assist

Dear S_ly_pain
Yip, I think your wife has a point - Please go to a doctor, you need a urine test and probably antibiotics.

2
Posted by: neo | 2007/02/28

It sounds like a bladder infection. You need to go to your GP to get antibiotics to get it treated.
Best wishes!

Reply to neo
Posted by: anxious | 2007/02/28

She's right. Going to your gp and having an MC&S urine lab test will confirm whether you do in fact have a bladder/kidney infection or a kidney stone. Blood in urine can usually just be a bladder/kidney infection, but can also be signs of a kidney stone, particularly if you are having kidney pain, which might come and go, but the blood in the urine is abnormal and needs to be treated.

Going to the loo all the time and burning are definite signs of infection.

Go to your gp for a urine test. Make sure the sample is sent to the lab for an MC&S test, as this is far more accurate than just a dipstick test done in a doctor's rooms. The lab do sensitivity tests on the sample and are able to advise doctors which antibiotics are resistent/sensitive to your type of infection if they culture the sample (which means a positive infection).

PS I have chronic kidney problems, so I know all about urine/bladder problems!

MC&S = microscopy, culture & sensitivity tests.

Reply to anxious