Question
Posted by: bmvh | 2007/06/11

Blood in stool

Recently (since last night) I've started noticing blood in my stool. The problem is that I can't get it checked out for the next two weeks, as I am out of town.

Would it be ok to leave it until I get back home in two weeks time? Or should I try to get this seen to immediately?

Dear bmvh
If the blood is red, and only when you wipe and you can feel a soft nodule the size of a pea, it could be a hemorroid. If you see red blood when you wipe and it is painful to go to the toilet, it may be a small anal tear. If the blood is more (spoonfuls to cupfuls) and drip in the bowl or is mixed with the stool you need to see a doctor as soon as possible.