Question
Posted by: M | 2008/01/21

Blood in cats feaces

There is amounts of blood in my cats feaces. My cat is 5 years old. She is a female and has been spayed. Recently i bought whiskers and my cat got worms. I gave it deworming tablets and the worms have gone. could they be the problem for my cats blood found in the feaces. Although i have stopped using whiskers there is still blood.

It is highly unlikely that the Whiskas caused the worms. THis is probably an unfortunate coincidence. If you have treated the cat for worms with a good worm remedy they should all be gone now. If there is still blood in the faeces it could be as a result of colitis or a protozoal infection. Both of these conditions can be diagnosed by your vet. is there mucous in the faeces as well?