Question
Posted by: G @ CT | 2005/11/21

Blood Group Diet

I've heard about this diet where you eat certain foods according to your blood type. I've heard mixed opinions about this diet. Can you please give me more facts on this diet, please

Dear G
I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you feel that you must try the blood diets, then ask at your nearest good bookstore such as Exclusive Books for the book by D'Adamo.