Question
Posted by: me | 2006/11/08

blood glucose level

hi doc
i've been having some strange things happen to me every now and then...
every now and then i feel like all the blood in my face has drained and i go very white and feel dizzy! have to sit down, sometimes i feel as though i'm going to get sick but then it goes away! very strange, as soon as i eat something small when i feel like this, i feel fine again. what do you think it could be.

thanks me

Dear Me
could be low blood sugar or low blood pressure ( fainting spell). Usually one feels sweaty if the blood sugar drops. You need to let your GP check your heart as abnormal heart rythms may cause these fainting spells too.